Solar Panels for Multi-Occupancy Buildings
Get in touch
We are SolShare Accredited
Flats across the UK can now access solar power.
The SolShare is the world’s only hardware for connecting multiple flats to a single rooftop solar system. Each flat is guaranteed to receive a set percentage of the solar energy that’s generated, so everything’s fair. On top of this, SolShare continually monitors which flats are using energy and sends the solar to them. This optimised solar delivery maximises the bill savings for every household.
SolShare creates private infrastructure to distribute solar in multi-dwelling buildings. It physically directs power from a single solar system on the common roof to the participating units behind their meter.
Why is it unique?
The SolShare is the world’s only hardware for sharing rooftop solar to apartments. The ability for apartments to share a single rooftop solar system without requiring tenants to sign up for additional billing services or solar trading platforms helps make SolShare the most simple and affordable solution to rooftop solar for apartments.
Why is it needed?
Before the SolShare, there were only a few options to install solar for an apartment, each with its complexities. Solutions included individual systems and blockchain-based trading solutions. All had their challenges, which is why apartment solar has struggled to take off – until now! The SolShare is the first financially attractive solution to rooftop solar for apartments, and it’s revolutionising the industry.
Solar Panels for Multi-Occupancy Buildings
Multi-occupancy buildings (MOBs) are a type of building that is occupied by multiple tenants, such as apartment buildings, office buildings, and hotels. MOBs can benefit from solar energy in several ways, including:
- Reduced energy costs: Solar panels can generate electricity on-site, which can help to reduce the energy costs of a MOB.
- Increased property value: Solar panels can increase the value of a MOB by making it more attractive to tenants and buyers.
- Enhanced sustainability: Solar panels can help to make a MOB more sustainable by reducing its reliance on fossil fuels.
- Improved public image: Solar panels can help to improve the public image of a MOB by demonstrating its commitment to sustainability.
There are several factors to consider when installing solar panels on a MOB, such as:
- The size of the building: The size of the building will determine the size of the solar panel system that is needed.
- The amount of sunlight the building receives: The amount of sunlight the building receives will affect the amount of electricity that the solar panels can generate.
- The budget: The cost of installing solar panels will vary depending on the size of the system and the location of the building.
There are several financing options available to help offset the cost of installing solar panels on a MOB, such as:
- Government incentives: There are several government incentives available to help offset the cost of installing solar panels on a MOB.
- Loans: There are several loans available to help finance the cost of installing solar panels on a MOB.
- Lease financing: There are several lease financing options available to help finance the cost of installing solar panels on a MOB.
If you are considering installing solar panels on your MOB, be sure to do your research and choose a reputable installer. Solar panels can be a great way to reduce your energy costs, increase your property value, and enhance your sustainability.
Here are some additional benefits of using solar energy for multi-occupancy buildings:
- Reduced carbon footprint: Solar energy is a renewable energy source, which means it does not produce greenhouse gases. By using solar energy, MOBs can help to reduce their carbon footprint and make a positive impact on the environment.
- Increased energy independence: Solar energy can help MOBs to become more energy independent. This means that they will be less reliant on the grid and will be able to generate their own electricity.
- Improved resilience: Solar energy can help MOBs to improve their resilience to power outages. If the grid goes down, solar panels can continue to generate electricity, providing tenants with a backup source of power.
If you are a property manager or owner of a multi-occupancy building, consider the benefits of solar energy and contact us today to learn more about how we can help you install solar panels on your property.